Monday, April 12, 2010

Due date

Happy Due date to us. Kalen is 2 weeks and 6 days old already and I can't believe how quickly time is flying.

When I look at my baby today I think about the fact that he was born so small. I am so sad when I think about how I failed him. It was my job to make sure that he was taken care of for those nine months and I did not do that. I know that it was not my fault that I had so many issues but I can't help but feel like I failed him.

I never imagined that I could love someone so instantly and so intensely. I am going to try my best not to fail him again. I know that's a lot to want as we all make mistakes and being a first time parent is one big test but I am going to try.

I love you Kalen! Daddy and I are both so happy to have you in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment