Monday, December 27, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Can you believe this kid is 9 months old! Time is flying by so quickly. I love seeing him change every day. He has now started to shake his head side to side when he is done with solids. It's cute and funny. I am still amazed with every change, big or small. He is becoming such a little man and I am looking forward to seeing him grow.
He has officially been "out" longer then he was "in". OMG!!
Some stats on Kalen @ 9 months:
- 4 teeth are through, top & bottom front teeth
- pulling himself up onto his knees all of the time
- says mama to most things
- can not sit still! He is all over the place all of the time
- does not like texture in his solids. He will eat the baby puffs but that is it all of the rest of his food is pureed
- just moved over to 6 to 12 month clothes. The shirts are fitting well but the pants are all long
- taking 2 to 3 naps a day that very anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours
- sleeps from 7-8pm to 8-9am. We have been driving M to work the last couple of weeks so we get up @ 6:30 drive him there. We are back home by 7, Kalen has a bottle then goes back to sleep until 9.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
I have a funny feeling about this Christmas. I am not overly excited that it will be Kalen's first Christmas. I am excited for next Christmas and the ones after that where he will have more of an idea about what is going on.
I feel so weird wrapping presents that have been sitting on the table for a few weeks now. Kalen has no idea they are there. Will he have any idea when we are unwrapping them?
I love him and I am excited to celebrate the holiday with our families. I am however looking forward to dressing him up in his outfits that I bought him. I will make sure to take lots of pictures and share them.
Monday, December 13, 2010
This weekend we went to visit my brother and his family and Kalen did not do well. He played shy the whole time we were there and would only let myself, Grandma & Grandpa hold him. He cried anytime anyone else came to close. I think it's just him playing shy because he does not see them very often. Hopefully he will get over this faze soon!
On the way there I took out my camera and got some pictures of him. They are great if I do say so myself. Here are just a few, have I mentioned that he loves getting his picture taken!
This was also his first weekend in his new car seat. I decided that it would be great if we used the new car seat to go there then M could take out the old base while we were gone (M stayed home to have some boy time with his friends). Kalen did okay in the new seat but I think he was having a hard time adjusting to being in such a sitting position rather then laying back. I think he will do fine after he has a bit of time.